Always remember that Crime can happen anywhere anytime. Protect yourself, others and property by staying alert, be security conscious and informed.
- Remember to lock your door whenever you are leaving your room. Whether you are visiting the washroom, shower or visit a friend next door.
- Change promptly the lock in your door when your key is missing; report any incident immediately to the Potter’s Lodge, Head Porter/Hall Administrator.
- Lock your door when asleep. All doors leading to the balcony should be locked at all times.
- Don’t display large sums of Cash or expensive Jewelry .
- Handle your laptops, iPads, iPhones, and mobile phones carefully; because they are items that are easily stolen on campus.
- Record the registration number of every commercial vehicle you board during your rounds.
- Never board a taxi with all male occupants already in. Beware also of taxis with a female passenger and two or more male occupants. The female passenger may be used as a decoy to rob you.
- As much as possible, patronize the Campus shuttle busses.
- Always walk in pairs, or in groups and at well-lit areas.
- Avoid using isolated footpath and short-cuts.
- Avoid the services of Errand Boys; they may monitor your movements and rob you later or give information to their accomplices.
- Do not entertain hawkers in the Halls; they may be criminals.
- Beware of the type of friends you entertain; they may be predators and Criminals.
- Beware of travel agents on Campus; some are fraudsters.
- Secure bicycles through the wheel and frame with a high-quality cable and lock or other approved device.
- Report any Criminal or Suspicious activities on campus promptly to the University Security Department for immediate assistance. (0208180155, 0246715758, 0332135806)
By: Campus Security